of the 2nd , 3rd spindle at Z axis
3. Extending of the clearance’s height at
Z axis to 310mm.
4. Automatic tool change system
5. 3D Laser scanner with accuracy 0.001mm
of a computer model creation of an object for it’s
further manufacturing by the CNC router machine.
But there are some difficulties to make a high quality
of 3D model.
• its takes a very long time to make 3D model
• qualified designer
• high cost of 3D model execution by outside party.
In many cases it is possible to solve the abovementioned
problems by using a 3D scanner. Installation of
this device for the CNC router machine allows to
produce a fast and exact scanning of almost any
For example, it is possible to execute a plasticine
model and to scan that. Then we get a completed
Also it is possible to scan a completed 3D product
(for example any figurine or carving on wood, etc).
Then after some correction by 3D editor program
on Your PC, you can produce this model at CNC router
machine of any material you wish.
Advantages of this technology are:
- there are no need of designer participation in
order to prepare a 3D model
- Simple preparation
- Manual modeling of one big carved element could
take a few weeks. But scanning and some correcting
will take just a few hours!
- High precision that can not be made manually (by
How does it work:
The CNC machine with laser scanner is three-co-ordinate
system which smoothly moves a laser head over scanned
object. During this moving using laser ray a distance
is constantly measuring in a current point between
a laser head and an object. The measuring head moves
over all surface of an object, and coordinates of
all measuring points on a surface are registering
into a file which then can be opened by any modern
3D editor and in case of necessity to make a correction
of received model.
As laser scanning is a contactless measuring method,
it allows scanning with high speed and high accuracy
(up to thousand points per second). Very important
fact is that is impossible to scan transparent and
How does laser head works:
The laser ray goes on measuring object and as being
reflected it goes back into the head.
Result of 3D scanner’s work is a computer model
at STL-file format. STL (stereo lithography) format
is the most prevailing format for transferring 3D
models, therefore STL files can be opened and edited
at any modern 3D editor programs :3DS Max, Maya,
Rhino, ArtCAM, Type3 etc.
And also model at STL format is possible to use
at modern CAM-system: SolidCAM, AlphaCAM, MasterCAM,
Using of 3d scanner allows to accelerate and to
reduce a price of creation of 3D models. Besides,
in many cases it is the only unique way to create
a lot of models at rational time and for rational
6. Inexpensive contact 3D scanner
7. Tool length sensor – “clever nose”
8. Laser measuring of material’s thickness.
9. A portable manual control panel
10. Vacuum pressure system with 2, 4, 6,
8 zones (4kWt or 8kWt)
11. Shaving removal system
12. Auto oiling and cooling system
– directly on the tool and cutting zone. Especially
it is necessary for processing of metals.